If you’re attending FailFest for the first time this year, you’re in for a real treat. At last year’s FailFest—the inaugural fest!—we had a great number of speakers tell us about some of their trials and tribulations as business leaders, and the way they learned lessons after experiencing failure.
This year, you’ll hear plenty more lessons learned, and the ways successful entrepreneurs have led their businesses through failures, but what did we learn last year?
Last year’s list of speakers included some of Indy’s best known entrepreneurs, including the following:
- • David Becker - First Internet Bank
- • Michael Cloran - DeveloperTown
- • Eric Doden - Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- • Gerry Hayes - Slane Capitol
- • Scott Hill - PERQ
- • Scott Jones - Eleven Fifty
- • Mike Langellier - TechPoint
- • Andy Medley - PERQ
- • Clay Robinson - Sun King Brewing Company
- • Neal Rothermel - VMS BioMarketing
- • Jacob Schpok - Office of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- • Peter Shubert, Pd.D., P.E. - IUPUI School of Engineering and Technology
- • Shawn Schwegman - Gusto
From a wide array of backgrounds, all of these speakers learned valuable lessons about what it means to fail. The most important lesson overall is one that they all seemed to share: you will fail, but if you learn from the failure, you will head right back up.
Our inaugural FailFest was full of failure and was a great success, and we can’t wait for this one to be bigger, better and fail-ier!Written by our sponsor Metonymy Media. Metonymy is a union of creative writers dedicated to serving companies and agencies with practical and effective content marketing strategies for growth and success.
Tags: business, conference, coworking, entrepreneur, FailFest, failure, innovation, Launch Fishers, startup, tech